OUR HOUSE IS NOT HANDICAPPED ACCESSIBLE. WE HAVE NO GROUND FLOOR ACCESSIBILITY. TO ENTER THE HOUSE, YOU MUST GO UP AT LEAST ONE FLIGHT OF STAIRS.
IN ORDER TO KEEP OUR HOUSE AS CLEAN AS POSSIBLE, WE HAVE A NO SHOE POLICY INSIDE THE HOUSE. WE HAVE A GARAGE FOR CONVENIENT SHOE REMOVAL.
CHECK-IN TIME IS: 4 P.M. PST AND CHECK-OUT is 11 A.M. PST.
NO Early Check-in or late Check-out. The fee for late checkout is $50.00 Per Hour. (1 hour minimum) (It is not fair or considerate to our next guests to make them check in late)
- This is a NON SMOKING home.
- PETS are not permitted in our house under any conditions.
- OUR HOUSE HAS ELECTRONIC ACCESS: (We use a touchpad deadbolt; You will gain access with a code not a key before your arrival).
DAMAGE/RESERVATION DEPOSIT –
A reservation deposit of ½ your rental amount is required. This must be received within five (5) days of booking the reservation. There is a $400 security deposit. The deposit is NOT applied toward rent or taxed; however, it is fully refundable within (14) days of departure, provided the following provisions are met.
- No damage is done to our house or its contents, beyond normal wear and tear.
- The house is tidied-up. It will be professionally cleaned for the next renter, as it was for you.
But the following steps help us get it moving toward rental-ready for the next guest, and insure we can get it clean in time:
- Start a load of towels in the washing machine.
- Start the dishwasher filled with soiled dishes that reasonably fit.
- Discard all trash, debris and recyclables in bins below outdoor staircase.
- Remove food you brought with you from fridge and pantry areas.
Leaving without completing the steps above (unless approved by us), you will forfeit some or all of your $400 security/damage; we consider that action as damage.
- No charges are incurred due to contraband, pets or collection of rents or services rendered during the stay.
- All charges accrued during the stay are paid prior to departure.
- No linens are lost or damaged.
- No early check-in or late checkout (unless previously arranged). The fee for late checkout is $50.00 Per Hour. (1 Hour minimum)
- The renter is not evicted by the owner (or representative of the owner), the local law enforcement, or the security company employed by My Community.
- Our firewood is for use in the house only. If our wood is used outside in our fire pit or for beach fires, you will be charged a $50 minimum and possibly more; depending on the amount used.
- Any attempt to enter locked/secured areas of the home will result in forfeiture of the full amount of the security deposit.
HOT TUB AND PATIOS –
The hot tub and surrounding patios can be dangerous – the deck/patio can be slippery when wet. Injury is likely to occur to anyone who is not careful. Hot tub hours are from 8 a.m. to 10 p.m. Use of the hot tub outside these hours may be cause for eviction without a refund. The property is located in a residential area with strict curfew laws associated with “excessive noise”. Please keep noise levels to a minimum. The hot tub is sanitized, refilled and chemicals replenished prior to your arrival; therefore, it may not be warm until later in the evening. Shower, clean off sand and other contaminants before entering. If after your departure and our inspection, the hot tub is found dirty beyond normal use, requiring a partial or full drain and water change, because of misuse an additional $100 cleaning fee will be charged. Please do not add any type of soap products to the water. Please notify us immediately of any accidental damage to hot tub including broken jets, lid, etc.
We have a minimum cancellation charge: One days rental amount.
Cancellations or changes that result in a complete cancellation or a shortened stay, forfeit the full advance payment and reservation deposit. Cancellation or early departure does not warrant any refund of rent.
If we are notified of a cancellation, we will do our best to re-rent our house for the time that you previously booked; if we do re-rent our house we will refund all of your money. Minus the one day rental fee.
If we are not able to re-rent our house, we do not refund any money.
MAXIMUM OCCUPANCY –
The maximum number of guests is limited to ten (10) People per night. For example: Eight (8) adults and two (2) children. Children of any age are people. Any combination of 10 people. Exceeding the maximum occupancy results in the immediate forfeiture of your security deposit.
RATES/MINIMUM STAY –
SUMMER RATES: 2020
This property requires a seven (7) night (one week) stay for the months of July and August. $3,600 Weekly.
RATE CHANGES –
Rates are subject to change without notice. The rate will not change once you have booked our house.
NO DAILY HOUSEKEEPING SERVICE –
While linens and bath towels are included in our house, daily maid service is not included in the rental rate.. We do not permit bath towels, linens or any bedding to be taken from our house for beach use.
You will need to provide beach towels for your personal use.
FALSIFIED RESERVATIONS –
Any reservation obtained under false pretense will be subject to forfeiture of advance payment, deposit and/or rental money, and the party will not be permitted to check in.
WRITTEN EXCEPTIONS –
Any exceptions to the above mentioned policies must be approved in writing in advance.
Parking is limited to Five (5) vehicles. Vehicles are to be parked in the Garage or Driveway only. The garage will accommodate two (2) cars and the driveway will accommodate three (3) cars. Parking on the street is not permitted. Any illegally parked cars are subject to towing; applicable fines/towing fees are the sole responsibility of the vehicle owners.
The fireplace is a wood stove. Please do not place excessive paper or other combustible materials in the fireplace. Please follow the instructions for the fireplace that are located on the mantel. We provide wood for use in the house (NOT ON THE BEACH!). (Use caution, the fireplace works very well and will heat the upstairs of the house in a short period of time.)
Our house is hooked up to local water and sewer.
We filter the water into the whole house and have an additional filter on the Refrigerator Ice Maker.
HURRICANE/TSUNAMI OR STORM POLICY –
No refunds will be given unless:
- The state or local authorities order mandatory evacuations in a “Storm/Hurricane Warning area” and/or
- A “mandatory evacuation order has been given for the Storm/Tsunami/Hurricane Warning” area of residence of a vacationing guest.
The day that the authorities order a mandatory evacuation order in a “Warning,” area, we will refund:
- Any unused portion of rent from a guest currently registered; (If the authorities will not let you return to the property.)
- Any unused portion of rent from a guest that is scheduled to arrive, and wants to shorten the stay, to come in after the Hurricane/Tsunami Warning is lifted; and
- Any advance rents collected or deposited for a reservation that is scheduled to arrive during the “Hurricane/Tsunami Warning” period.
STORM POLICY/ROAD CONDITIONS –
No refunds will be given for storms. Mountain roads can be curvy and steep; however, we highly recommend four-wheel drive and/or chains during the snow months. We do not refund due to road conditions.
TRAVEL INSURANCE –
Travel insurance is available. If you wish to purchase travel insurance, go to www.InsureMyTrip.com for details and to purchase.
Our house is privately owned; the owners are not responsible for any accidents, injuries or illness that occurs while on the premises. The Homeowners are not responsible for the loss of personal belongings or valuables of the guest. By accepting this reservation, it is agreed that all guests are expressly assuming the risk of any harm arising from their use of the premises or others whom they invite to use the premise.
Please note: The policy you receive and sign when you reserve a house may have been updated and differ than the policies listed here.
If you have any questions or concerns please contact us.